Billions Italia is aware that it operates in a sector with a great deal of responsibility and with its halls it is at the cutting-edge in terms of protecting players and preventing problem gaming.
In fact, Billions is the first company in Italy to have trial launched the Punto Sicuro project, a system capable of preventing pathological gambling, identifying at-risk players and directing them towards specialist treatment centres, thus contributing to combating illegal phenomena such as laundering, usury and criminal infiltration.
Punto Sicuro represents the spread of an innovative vision of the sector through the promotion of sustainable gaming and is based on a set of rules, validated by the Department of Psychiatric Consultation of Gemelli University Hospital of Rome, which establishes the requisites in various areas:
- social: focus on vulnerable categories (-21, +65) and combating illegal phenomena;
- technical: adoption of direct and indirect prevention tools;
- professional: strengthening of professional figures and development of expertise;
- clinical: guidance towards diagnosis and treatment of pathological gambling;
- organisational: integration of the management of pathological gambling in company culture and objectification of results.
To ensure that gaming is always a fun and positive experience, enjoyed responsibly and with total awareness, every day Billions hall staff focus close attention on protecting their players.
And to foster a responsible and informed approach to gaming, together with the Gamenet Group, of which it forms part, and all its business partners Billions Italia is committed to supporting legal gaming, guaranteed by the State, in order to counteract the danger and risks of illegal gaming.
The Ten Commandments of Responsible Gaming
- Gambling is entertainment, not a way to make money
- Only gamble with amounts that are within your financial means
- Play just for the sake of the game, and in full knowledge of the rules
- Only gamble for the length of time that you set at the beginning and take a break when you have been gambling for too long
- If you decide to stop or to gamble less, commit to doing so
- Do not play to "recoup losses", and accept the outcome as an expense of the entertainment
- Do not borrow money in order to gamble
- Don’t overdo the frequency of your gambling, and not give up other leisure activities to focus on gambling
- Don’t lie to friends and family about the amounts that you have spent on gambling
- Don’t treat gambling as a way of resolving issues and concerns, and do not gamble while under the influence of alcohol or drugs